The retail industry is constantly evolving, and one of the biggest trends in recent years has been the increasing adoption of self-service technologies. From mobile payment options like Apple Pay and Google Pay to self-serving kiosks and vending machines, retailers are finding new and innovative ways to make the shopping experience more convenient and efficient for customers.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the top emerging innovations in the self-service retail space and how they’re changing the way we shop. From contactless lockers that allow for seamless pickup to vending machines that offer fresh, healthy meals on the go, these innovations are helping retailers meet the needs of a modern, tech-savvy consumer base.
- Mobile payment options: Retailers are increasingly offering mobile payment options, such as Apple Pay and Google Pay, which allow customers to pay for their purchases using their smartphone. These options are often integrated with contactless lockers, allowing customers to use their phone to open the locker and retrieve their purchases.
- Kiosks: Self-serving kiosks are incredible because they allow customers to easily and efficiently complete transactions and tasks without the need for human assistance. These kiosks can be found in a variety of locations, including airports, supermarkets, and banks, and offer a range of services such as ticketing, check-in, and product selection. The use of self-serving kiosks not only saves time for customers, but also reduces the workload for employees and can improve the overall efficiency of a business.
- Automated Ice Cream Robot: Who doesn’t love ice cream? It’s a timeless, tasty classic that’s popular year-round. Our Ice Cream Robot is sure to generate a lot of buzz and excitement with its adorable little robots that move along a track inside the machine to create personalized, made-to-order ice cream complete with syrup and toppings of your choice. Customers can choose from 3 flavors, 3 syrups, and 3 toppings for dozens of possible combinations. Precise, reliable, and free of human error, the Ice Cream Robot is changing the way we enjoy this delicious treat. Traditional ice cream sales are a thing of the past with this innovative robotic solution.
- Vending Machines: Farmers Kitchen is a company that offers fresh, healthy meals in convenient vending machines. They source ingredients from local farms and use sustainable packaging to create tasty, nourishing meals that can be easily accessed by customers on the go. Their vending machines are located in offices, airports, hospitals, and other high-traffic areas, making it easy for busy individuals to grab a quick, healthy meal without sacrificing quality or taste. Farmer’s Fridge is committed to providing healthy, convenient food options for individuals with busy lifestyles.
- Contactless BOPIS Lockers: Contactless BOPIS (Buy Online Pickup In Store) lockers are revolutionizing the way that customers pick up their online orders. These contactless lockers allow customers to order items online and pick them up at a designated location, without the need for any in-store interactions. This not only saves time for customers, who can avoid long lines and wait times, but it also helps to reduce the workload for store employees.
There are several reasons why a convenience store should consider hosting a smart public locker. Firstly, a smart locker can provide a convenient and secure option for customers to receive and send packages. With the rise of e-commerce, more and more people are relying on shipping carriers to deliver their purchases, and a smart locker can provide a safe and secure place for these packages to be stored until the customer is ready to pick them up. This can be particularly useful for customers who are not home during the day to receive their packages.
Secondly, a smart locker can also provide a marketplace for customers to purchase and sell items. Many smart lockers have apps that allow users to browse and purchase items from other users in their local area, creating a virtual marketplace within the locker network. This can be a great way for a convenience store to attract new customers and drive sales. Additionally, hosting a smart locker can help to increase foot traffic to the store, as customers may stop in to pick up their packages or browse the marketplace. Overall, hosting a smart public locker can be a win-win for both the convenience store and its customers.
Join our public locker network and drive foot traffic to your store!
By becoming a part of our network, you’ll have access to a convenient, secure, and cost-effective way for your customers to store their belongings while they shop. Meet and learn more about lockers at your retail store!